Thursday 29 May 2008

Crafts Beautiful ATC Swap




Every month I take part in the Crafts Beautiful ATC Swap and although I find inspiration for the themes difficult, I love it ! The theme this month was "black and white" and I chose this too because I thought it would be easy. How wrong I could be ! When the votes were counted and the theme was black and white, I had no idea what to do.

With all my craft drawers and boxes opened all over the floor and every scrap and piece of paper looked at, I suddenly thought of an idea and this is what I came up with and I'm very pleased with the result.

This how I made them :

I covered the ATC size cards with black paper and then stamped the Dovecraft butterfly stamp on it with Frost White Colorbox Classing Pigment Cats Eyes Chalk and I then edged the ATC with Star Dust Stickles.

I then had some small tiles which I had bought from a craft shop to try out. I stamped the butterfly stamp on the tile with black Stazon and I also edged the tile too with the Stazon. When it was dry, I highlighted the wings with my clear Sakura Stardust pen so it had a shine.

I then covered the tile with a Versamark Watermark stamp pad and then put clear embossing powder on it and heated it up. Then while the glaze was still hot, I kept adding layers of embossing powder and heated it up until it formed a very glossy layer. This is called "triple embossing" and is very effective.

I then added a creamy white ribbon with a Papermania pearl brad.

I hope the people who received my ATC's in the swap liked them ?!


2 comments:

  1. Great ATC's hun, I'm sure the recipients will love them :-)

    Hugs
    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gulps* i just signed up for the Black & white ace challenge, now i seen yours i don't know where to start now :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...