Monday 26 May 2008

Don't you just love Penny Black's ?




We all had a lovely day out yesterday to Swindon as I wanted to browse round The Papermillshop and also The Range. I saw that The Papermillshop had the new Colour My World, More Than Words, Mini Word Album Templates there and I have an idea in my head for using them so I bought a couple along with many other things including these delicious Penny Black stamps (well you have to, don't you ?!). Both The Papermillshop and The Range had the 99p Studio G clear stamps there which are fantastic value and The Range were also selling a lot of Studio G (Dovecraft) wooden stamps for 99p. Did I fill up my basket ? Of course I did ! I also managed to buy a few bits and pieces for a RAK that I am making up so I was very happy.

Last night was spent fiddling with my purchases and trying them out and then I had a go with my Bind it All. I can't show you the picture yet as I don't want the receiver seeing it yet.

Tonight have spent playing with my Penny Black stamps. I love the animal Penny Blacks and have lots of them but for a change I decided to go for flowers and butterfly's. This is the result of my play tonight.

How I made my card :

Backing papers are Basic Grey Two Scoops 6x6 paper pad
Penny Black "Constellations (3867K) coloured with Whispers pens and then spritzed with water to give water coloured effect and put onto watercolour paper.
Penny Black "Bohemian (3864F) again coloured with Whispers pens and then spritzed with water and then "Waterfall" Stickles added.
Sentiment is a Dovecraft stamp (DCRS96) coloured with Colorbox Liquid Chalk Pads Dark Moss and Chestnut Roan.
Edged were brushed with All Night Media Blending Chalks, Earth Tones.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, I really like the colours that you've used. I am trying really hard not to buy these stamps...need to cut back or move to a bigger house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...