Saturday 21 February 2009

BasicGrey Challenge #23

This week on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog the challenge is ........

Break your finger, strap it with tape to your other fingers and then we want to see your most stunning creation ever !! Easy as that !!

Whoops, that's only my very talented fellow DT member Rica that does tricks like that !!! If you are reading this my friend, I hope it feels better very soon. All the DT's creations are fantastic this week but the bravery and talent award has to go to Rica this week 'cause I don't know how she did it (perhaps she has a talented OH up her sleeve ?!!).

On with the real challenge this week. This week we have a colour combo. Pink and green, pink and brown or blue and brown. Don't forget you have to use at least one BasicGrey product on your creation.

This week our sponsor is The Cutting Cafe and we were very lucky this week and received from Regina her "All About Cupcakes" download to play with which was so kind.

This is the card I made with the download and for the challenge this week.



I used brown Bazzill as my base card.

The pink and brown papers are BasicGrey from "Bittersweet". The pink paper has been punched with a Fiskars scalloped daisy border punch.

The patterned paper is DCWV "Sweet" - these are so yummy and were perfect for this challenge.

The cupcake has been coloured with ProMarkers, cinnamon and burnt sienna (cake), blossom and rose pink (icing), amethyst, lilac and lemon (flower).

Now if you zoom in and look carefully, the top of the cake has been covered with glossy accents, tiny pink and purple beads sprinkled over the top and also twinklets which I love because it looks like it is sugar coated - yum ! yum ! If you look extra careful you will see that I have done the same with the tiny cupcake on the sentiment.

I also decorated the inside....




I'm looking forward to seeing your yummy creations !

I'm sorry I've been a bad blogger this week. Being half term I've had Ski at home and we've been busy bees all week and I've only found the time to make my DT cards.

See you tomorrow when the new challenge on Colour Create will be announced.

Have a great Saturday and thank's for looking !





11 comments:

  1. oh oh oh hunny bunny I lurves it!!

    I didn't know you had promarkers - I have just bought my first few and have to say I kinda like them - I will be coming to you for tips, your colouring with them is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very scrummy indeedy Jo - love your colouring and the layout is fab....wonderful! (know what you mean about half term, I have hardly done a thing!)....xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Jo, fabulous card, the top of your cupcake looks good enough to eat! love the colours too. joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card Jo! The pink and brown makes it look so yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Jo,what a beautiful card.

    have a nice weekend.
    hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you are another multi-talented BG DT member!!! Not only do you make yummy cards but you are hilarious, to boot! Oh, Jo, you had me in stitches with your post this morning!!! I nearly sprayed coffee all over my monitor,lol!!!!
    Love your super card this week, hun! Fab colour combo and super pretty papers!!! Love, love, love the double scalloped border too!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo, your card is so delicious I could eat it tee hee! I love how you did your icing with the beads and the twinkles (haven't heard of this and it looks gorgeous) it looks so real! Perfect paper, colouring and your design is stunning. See you tomorrow teamie! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, Mrs Jo this looks so scrummy. I did zoom in to catch all the glossy, sparkly bits, yum! You did make me laugh about Heather's mishap, I'd rather not try that one for this week's challenge, ta! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jo this is stunning and what a fantstic punch!

    Yummy card!


    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm totally yummy. I love your borders, I'm now going to have to get this punch and it is all your fault! LOL!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...