Saturday 18 April 2009

BasicGrey Challenge #31


This week on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog, we are paper piecing something which I love to do but don't do often enough.


It was Fizzy's 2nd birthday on Easter Sunday and so this was the card I made for her and decided to use it for this week's challenge too.



The base card is a Papermania scalloped card.

The patterned papers are BasicGrey Urban Prairie and Papermania Retro Floral.

The punch I used was a Martha Stewart doiley punch.

The image is by The Greetings Farm and is "Rock the Farm" Anya. Her hat, scarf and bows have been paper pieced with BasicGrey Urban Prairie and her hair, skin, trousers and buckets have been coloured with Promarkers.

I cut a butterfly from a piece of the backing paper and stuck it on with some dimension pads.

The number 2 is from a box of chipboard numbers I bought from The Papermillshop and I covered this in some BasicGrey Urban Prairie paper and rubbed distress ink around the edges.

I wanted some flowers on my card but didn't want to cover up the beautiful pattern of the backing paper and so punched some flowers out from a piece of acetate with my retro flower punch, covered them in glossy accents and then sprinkled them with Twinklets diamond dust and added a Zoom to the centre. If you click on the photo to zoom in you should see them all twinkly.

Please go and have a look at the DT's creations, they are amazing yet again and it was such a great challenge this week. I look forward to seeing your creations.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful card :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jo, such a great idea to use this paper as your background! I love the sparkly bits too, bet Izzy was thrilled!!
    YAY, my friend returns today ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowww Jo,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours,

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Jo, love the way you've created a scene with the background paper. Love the glossy accented flowers and that 2 is stunning. Bet Fizzy loved it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card Jo, it's so pretty and I love those Urban Prairie papers, haven't got them and might have to splurge LOL! The sparkly acetate flowers are a fantastic idea I love that you can still see the paper under them. I love how you did the number also, it's gorgeous and I bet Fizzy adored her card, we almost have a birthday in common LOL. I absolutely loved the birthday card you sent me Jo, thank you so much, it's so pretty. Hope you had a lovely holiday and lots of fun. Hugs, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...