Wednesday 24 June 2009

End of Blog Hop and Simon Says Challenge - Happy Mail !


Awww what a shame, we reached the end of the Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop :o( Such a shame because I really enjoyed myself.


Thank you all so much for visiting me and leaving me so many lovely comments. They really are all appreciated. I will tell you all about this week's Simon Says Challenge (which is a very special one) and then I will announce the winner of my blog candy - whooo hoooo !!


"This week our challenge for you is to make a card or project for a sick child. We all know how GREAT it feels to get happy mail for no reason, so imagine how a child who is ill would feel to get happy mail....I can just imagine the BIG GRIN on their little faces!! It will bring such happiness to them, so we thought we would support Post Pals and Make a Child Smile and get some cards to those children who could use a "hug"!!!


Today's featured guest designer is POPPET. Poppet is incredibly talented and an amazing woman! She is very familiar with Post Pals as 2 of her 3 children are members. On her blog, there is a video made by BBC, called Samara's story - it is very moving. If you have a minute, please watch it, but make sure you have a tissue handy!!!!"


Poppet has also told us on the blog what it means to receive happy mail and she has also very kindly made a card for this week's challenge.


This is the card I made for this week's challenge :



I have seen quite a few of these trifold cards around and really wanted to have a go at making one. I found a tutorial on this amazing blog

The DP's are some gorgeous SU papers given to me by my lovely, lovely friend Martine (thank's darlin) and they are called "Washington Apple". Martine has just become an SU demonstrator and she is offering some great incentives for buying your SU goodies through her - take a look at her blog to find out.

The image is a Penny Black image which I was given in a swap many moons ago and I thought it was ideal for this card. It has been coloured with ProMarkers.

The flowers I won in my lovely friend, Judy's blog candy a while back. They are gorgeous and I must ask her who makes them as I am using them a lot recently. The white flowers are Hero Arts Art flowers.

The buttons and charms are from my stash.

The little ticket is a Hero Arts clear stamp.

The dew drops are from Simon Says Stamp and the "Smile" and "Friends Forever" sentiments are from a Simon Says Stamp Executive stamp set called "Simply the Best Sentiments".

We hope that you can join us this week in our special challenge. The DT's cards are absolutely gorgeous, please hop over and go and have a look and leave them one of your lovely comments !


Now for the moment you have all been waiting for..........

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers: 121 - Semsee

Timestamp: 2009-06-24 08:49:16 UTC

Many congratulations Semsee ! Please email me with your details and I'll ask Heidi to post to you your sentiments set and surprise package !!!

Another coincidence - Semsee lives about 40 miles away from me !!! This is all getting too spooky for words !!

Have a great day, enjoy the sunshine and I will be back tomorrow for Colour Create !


14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jo :-) The papers and image are gorgeous and the sentiments are just perfect too !! :-)
    Thanks for the link I will be having a go at making one of these cards :-)

    I am sure whichever child receives this card will definitely have a smile on their face, it's just gorgeous !

    Congratulations to Semsee too :-)

    Hugs

    Lorraine x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jo! I love the image and the embellishments make it all so fun and cheery! I am so glad you like your flowers...now if I remember they were bazill blooms. I can't remember for the life of me where I bought them. if i ever remember I will tell you!!

    Have a fab day,
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Great idea!
    Lovely papers and image.

    Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card, Jo. I love the colours you've used - so appropriate - and all the detail and embellies are really fab! Top job!

    And...woo-hoo!! I can't believe I've won you're SSS blog candy! I'm so excited! I've sent you an email, but also wanted to stop by, view your latest amazing creations, and say thanks!

    Hugs, Sem xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI,
    your Card is wonderful! Fab Idea and I like the sweet Image very much!

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Jo!!! I love your papers and embellies. Perfect. Love, love, love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Jo,l love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card Jo, and a brilliant idea. The papers and images are fabby.

    Hugs
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jo this is marvellous and will definately bring a huge grin to there face. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is brilliant! It's such a great idea and it's really clever how you've done it! I love the embellishments too! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Sem, well done, would love to know what your mystery surprise is to go with your sentiments. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card!Very creativ!:)

    Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so adorable!! I love the colors you used and all the details! What a cool trifold also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely! It makes me happy to just look at it. SO much fun and whimsy, you must have been smiling the whole time you made it. Cheerful as can be!
    Luv,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...