Friday 10 July 2009

Happy 40th Birthday !


No, not mine ! My darling Husband's !!

It only seems like yesterday since we spent his 21st Birthday together and now he has reached the big 4 0 ! Here is a picture of us at his 21st Birthday party ! Don't we look young ?!!!




Celebrations will be low key, he doesn't want a party. Instead I have bought him a "Parrot" for his car and no, it isn't the colourful, loud, squarky type, its a "must have" gadget (apparently !!). We are also going on holiday at the end of August which he really wanted to do as we have not had a proper holiday for some years. He would have loved to have gone to Greece but we can make it as far as Cornwall. If the sun shines and I buy him a pot of olives from Tesco, he can use his imagination, can't he ?!!!!

Here is the card I made him. It was a difficult one to make as he isn't into sport and fast cars and he has heard enough of Tim Holtz lately to last him a lifetime ! so I chose this Hanna stamp as he likes a good barby and not that he is a moose !!!!





The base card is from a pack of Woodware kraft cards and envelopes I bought at Christmas from my local(ish) craft shop.

The DP's are DCWV "The Green Stack"

The image is a Hanna stamp of Riley the Moose. Simon Says Stamp sells these stamps in their store. Riley has been coloured with Prismacolor pencils.

The buttons are BasicGrey.

The sentiment is a Clare Curd sentiment stamped with white Stazon.

The numbers are grungeboard which I have inked with distress inks.

The ribbon is from my stash.

I also decorated the inside and added some slushy writing later !! He loved his card and his Parrot !





Well, must go. I have a busy, busy day ahead.

Thank's for visiting and for your lovely, lovely comments. They mean so much to me and give me such a boost when I read them.

Take care and have a great weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get down to some crafting this weekend and make the most of having my DH at home for the next few days.


10 comments:

  1. Woohoooo! Happy Birthday to John!! Just remind him of the saying..... you're only as old as the woman you feel, lol!
    Hope you have a fab day together!
    Your card is just perfect and the Hannah image is so cool. I'm afraid I'm not sure what a Parrot is though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a naughty girl that Tara is!! LOL!! Gorgeous card for your hubs Jo!! I bet he will love it and enjoy your hols to cornwall when they arrive. Love the mouse..beautifulluy coloured and love the touch of red gingham. Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell him welcome to the 20-20 club (I joined in January) seems you guys have been together as long as me n hubby..over half our lives..lol

    cute card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Jo,l love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Jo! I love the moose image, it's perfect for a male card and I also really like the inside! :)
    Hope your husband has a nice birthday!
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely, Jo. I'm sure your Hubby will love it. I hope he has a great birtday and Cornwall will be fab. You are sure to have a great time.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, happy birthday to your husband :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jo happy birthday to your husband

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Joe only just found your blog!!
    Have a lovely birthday together where do the years go??


    Love the Simon says card too!!
    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby! He'll love your card! You both look great then and I'm sure you still both look good. Have a great time together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...