Friday 7 August 2009

More Snuggles and some EXCITING NEWS !


SORRY - LONG POST ALERT !!!

Whooo hooooo the sun is shining - at last ! Yesterday was supposed to be like a Summer's day so they said on the news. Well, it was - it poured and poured yesterday and they even apologised on the local news for getting the weather forecast so wrong !

Ski went off on Brownie Camp yesterday afternoon and as predicted, it was unbearable. I kept taking myself off for a little cry all morning while telling her with a huge grin on my face that she would have a wonderful time. I managed to hold it together right up until the coach started to move away and her little face up at the window looked so sad. Well, that was me, I spent all afternoon absolutely distraught ! No doubt at this moment she is having the most fabulous time and not even giving me a second thought which is the way it should be.

We have been told that we can write to our daughter's while they are away so I spent yesterday evening making a card for her which I can send to her today. I followed the fantastic sketch that is on Passion for ProMarkers this week and so decided to enter their challenge again this week. This week you can use any colour ProMarkers. Sorry its the same image again girls but Ski adores this image and as I said last time, it reminds me so much of her so please forgive the da ja vu to it all !!!!



The DP's are Imaginisce Enchanted Garden.

The image is "Snuggle" by The Greetings Farm coloured with ProMarkers.

Colours :
Hair - mustard, sandstone and cinnamon
Skin - ivory, blush
Dress and socks - rose pink and cornflower
Bow - cornflower
Rabbit - pastel green (same colour as Polly, Ski's snuggly rabbit !)

The ribbon came from Poppicrafts a long time ago.

The button, cord and heart charm are from my stash.

The sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on.

The flowers are Hero Arts "Share Laughter" which have been stamped with Hero Arts Shadow Ink and the little buttons are BasicGrey. These all came from Simon Says Stamp.

NOW FOR THE EXCITING NEWS !! STARTING TOMORROW .......



I am soooo excited to tell you that Heidi of Simon Says Stamp has given me the opportunity to give you all blog candy EVERY FORTNIGHT alongside the challenges on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog ! If you love BasicGrey then you will love this blog candy and if you come back tomorrow, you will see why I'm so excited, the candy is just amazing and I mean AMAZING !

There will not be any strict rules in entering for the candy or being able to win it but it would be lovely to see your support for the new BasicGrey Challenge Blog, our amazingly generous sponsor and my boss, Heidi and the crew at Simon Says Stamp and of course, myself by being a follower of our blogs and of course taking part in the challenges of the BasicGrey Challenge Blog and if you can manage it, Simon Says Challenge ! As I say, its not a strict requirement but your support for us all would be greatly appreciated !

When you see the candy, you will want to be a supporter - I am sure !!

Don't forget that the blog candy to celebrate the re-launch of the BasicGrey Challenge Blog is still open so get your name down !

Challenges on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog start tomorrow so I look forward to seeing you back here for such an exciting day !!!

I'm now off to go and busy myself for the day. Fizzy is still here to keep my on my toes and give me lots of snuggles !
Have a great day in the sunshine and thank you for your visit !

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    beautiful card, am sure she'll love it - and she'll be home before you know it.
    Am already signed up on the BGC blog
    thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jo and Ski will adore it
    I'm sure she is having a ball on lack holiday, I know our two always did. It's hard when they first do independent things but the time will pass quickly and she will soon be home and telling you all about it
    Hugs jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful card jo ski will love it and she will be home before you know it full of tales of what she's been up to, enjoy the quiet while you have it,thanks for joining us at pfp this week
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, what a super cute card. This is one of my fave GF images too, so don't mind at all the dejavu! Hope Ski is enjoying herself at Brownie camp (I bet she's having a whale of a time). Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember watching the news late Thursday evening and thinking, oh goody, no more rain for the next 5 days...and then it poured down for most of the day! Been warm and sunny here too today, but of course you're not very far away from me, hun! LOL!

    Anyway, gorgeous card - Ski will love it. I know exactly how you feel, I still hate leaving Erin at school everyday after 4 years! I'm such a wuss!

    Can't wait for the BG challenge to start up again. I'm saving my new June Bug pad especially!! he he!

    Have a great weekend, Jo! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card - I'm sure Ski loved it :)

    I can remember sobbing in the car park as the coach pulled away the first the big Horror went away - none of that these days, I PROMISE she'll be loving it while you're crying yourself silly!

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jo. Love the cute image and the colouring also. Thanks for trying my sketch and joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jo this is gorgeous & I'm sure she IS thinking of home, wev'e all been there...the card will no doubt be well received... its all very girly love it.


    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...