Wednesday 5 August 2009

Simon Says Challenge !


Well here we are on another very rainy day. I keep expecting to see Noah and the Ark floating past the window to give me a ride !!!

On a happier note, it looks like the rain has given you a good excuse to get crafting ! What an amazing response we had to last week's challenge of Distressing ! When I last looked on the Simon Says Challenge blog this morning we had 144 entries ! Obviously distressing is a very popular choice.

Let's hope that this week's challenge is just as popular ! This week our challenge for you is ribbon and buttons and we all have some of those !

Don't forget that scrummy prize of a $25 P&P free shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp store is on offer !


I made a "kickstand card" for this week's challenge. I took the inspiration from a "new to me" challenge blog I discovered on my travels called "Creative Inspirations" as their challenge this week was to make a kickstand card and they look so lovely. I might just be able to scrape in and enter my card for their challenge which I think ends this morning !!

The DP's are Cosmo Cricket "Honeypie" and Core'dinations.

The image is a Penny Black image called "Crossing Bridges" and this has been coloured with Promarkers.

Colours :
Mouse - vanilla, gold, cinnamon, dusky pink, rose pink and blender pen
Flowers - pastel pink, rose pink, gold, blender pen, Sakura clear gel pen
Leaves and stem - meadow green, apple and blender pen
Branch - cinnamon
Outline - blue pearl and blender pen

The Flowers are American Crafts and Hero Arts and the button brads are Making Memories (I think !).

The tulle (which I think counts as ribbon) was sent to me by my lovely friend Martine.

I also decorated the inside of my card :



The grid paper is Scenic Route which I inked with distress ink.

The top has been punched with a Stampin Up notebook punch.

The sentiment is from a fabulous set of Simon Says Stamp "Exclusive" Stamps called "Simply The Best" which is a great pack of sentiments for any occasion you would wish for !

The buttons are from my stash.

The DT have made some wonderful cards for you to drool over this week - hop over and have a look. If you go on a blog hop through the DT's blogs you may also find some blog candy lurking !! Happy hunting !

Today is a busy day for me. Ski is off to Brownie camp tomorrow so I shall be packing her case for her and putting name tags into everything ! She keeps having the odd moment where she doesn't want to go and we have tears. I'm trying to be upbeat and saying she will have a wonderful time but goodness knows how I am holding back the tears ! I think I will miss her more than she will miss us !! I just have to keep it together until the coach leaves at midday tomorrow and then I can open the flood gates :o( At least I will have little Fizzy here keeping me on my toes and I am sure will we have a lovely time together too.

Thank you for your visit and for any comments that you leave.

See you soon !

10 comments:

  1. love your cute card!! thank heaven for this hobby on a rainy day!!! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous,love your beautifully coloured image and embellishments....great job on the challenge!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats gorgeous. i shall give this one a go when i get chance. loved the distressing one :)
    have fun and do grab five mins for yourself
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards throughout your blog Jo! Great application of colours and thoughtful designs :)
    - Bee Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    your Card is so lovely! great Image!

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jo and I'll be thinking of you pretending not to miss you little darling Ski, I bet she'll have the best time ever and not want to come home LOL! BiG HuGs Hun, Kim :)♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is adorable, wonderful PB image and love the kickstand card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly fabulous card, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This image is adorable and the tulle bow is perfect!!

    This will definitely inspire others…thanks for making our design team so awesome!!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore these little cute mice <3

    xx,
    nunt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...