Tuesday 1 March 2011

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes !


My, it feels good to be back ! Hope you all had a good half term with the kiddlies ? We went away for the week in our caravan (very brave !) and yes, it was as expected, very cold and very wet !! To make matters worse we had no telephone signal, no internet connection and no TV reception. It was extremely embarrassing to realise just how much we all rely on technology especially kids !! We did go prepared with board games, crafty bits and bobs, colouring etc. but I'm afraid that against the computer and Wii, Snakes and Ladders doesn't cut the mustard anymore !!

Anyway, onto this week's challenge at Papertake Weekly.

Our challenge this week is ANYTHING GOES with the optional extra of using SOMETHING OLD or something you haven't used before.

We are sponsored this week by Lili of the Valley and there is a £10 gift voucher up for grabs for the lucky winner.

We also have a new Guest Designer joining us. None other than the fabulously talented and gorgeous Dena !

We also have a new Design Team member and that is none other than the amazingly talented and fun loving Marcea ! Welcome to the team Marcea !!

The image is of course by Lili of the Valley. Don't you just love her ! She has been coloured with Copics and ProMarkers.

The DP's are the yummy, scrummy My Minds Eye, Stella Rose "Mabel" papers.

The flowers are a mixture of Wild Orchid Crafts and Hobby Craft.

The seam binding is from my local market.

The little letters I bought from the NEC an age ago and I've never used them before ! The sentiment was actually taken from a stamp I bought at the NEC but I wanted to use these letters !

The optional extra bit for me was the little letters and also the card I used for matting and layering was white card which I coloured the edge with a Copic/ProMarker to match the papers and image. This is a fantastic tip I picked up from somewhere and always forget to use and end up tearing my hair out trying to find matching coloured card ! Also the seam binding is very old. It is the original stuff they used in the 1930's/1940's so I think that fits the bill nicely !!

We look forward to seeing your projects this week ! The rest of the Design Team have made some very inspirational cards for you again this week. Hop over and have a look.

I am also entering the following challenges :

Stamp With Fun - Sketch

Craft Your Passion Girly Girl

Stamps R Us - For the Girls

Thank you for your visit, it was lovely to see you !

Take care,

11 comments:

  1. Wow Jo! I think I am worse than my son for electronics!!! I couldn't cope without my gadgets!!
    Gorgeous card hon!! I love this image!! she such a.....Girl!!! Lol!! I'm sure I threw some major strops in my time!! makes me glad to have only a boy!!
    Hugs
    Jacqui P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jo ,, I love this image, this was Amy a few years ago ,,, thankfully she grew out of her tantrums !! the colours are fab and that is a good tip to colour the mat !! i have spent hours trying to find THE right colour too !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo, i love that image, think i will have to purchase the stamp!, love your colour combo, hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo
    I love your card it's gorgeous, that image is fab. Great colour combo too

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jo. I love this stamp and those little letters on the card really stand out!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Jo! That image is so funny :) Love what you did with the sentiment.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card, Jo!! That image makes me laugh and your coloring is fantastic! the flowers and shaped image panel is awesome and love how you did the sentiment! What a genius tip on using markers to colore the cardstock edge! LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped over from Papertake, Love your card and the colours are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card - love the image and the color!
    Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun!
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo! hahaha! "Define Good"....such a clever sentiment for this little pouter(?). Great reds that pop against that paper!!! What a great style!
    I just wanted to say a big thank you for letting me join you guys this week at Papertake Weekly!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jo, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...