Boots’ Blogspot

Sunday, 16 March 2014

Up and Away !

What a glorious day ! 

 I have managed to escape and make a couple of cards this afternoon. I say escape because we have chicken pox in the house :( My poor little one is suffering terribly and the only thing that seems to relieve the itch is a bath in bicarb of soda so we are spending our days sat in the bathroom.  If we are not sat in the bathroom then I'm having to endure Sophia The First for the 9999999th time !  Do you know I could play the part myself ?!  We have just finished another bath, Sophia is on and I managed to slide out of the door !

I am loving the new trend in watercolour.  I have been so inspired this week I just had to make another watercoloured card and mix it with some heat embossing.

There are a few challenges at the moment featuring watercolouring and similar that I can enter my card into :


Virginia's View Challenge #1 - Watercolouring 
CAS On Sunday - One Layer Wonder
CASE Study



The watercolour paints belong to my little girl !  I just love how you can grab cheap paints and make an impact (well, hopefully !!).

I was so pleased I chose the charcoal ink, its much softer than black and has a watercoloured look to it I think.

Well, must go and tend to my patient.  Hopefully tomorrow she may feel more up to doing something as she loves coming and playing with me while I'm making cards.

I hope you have a great Sunday and enjoy this gorgeous sunshine !






9 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Jo ! I think I just might have to get my watercolours out too ! I love this ,, very arty and fabulous :-)

    Aww hope she is feeling better soon xx ,, enjoy Sophia ,,,, ;-D

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jo! I'm lovin' all the watercolor cards showing up everywhere, too, a feast for the eyes! Hope your little one gets over the itchies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love how you used only two colors and achieved such a fabulous result, Jo! SUPERB! Thanks SO much for linking to Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh l feel for you l hope they go pretty soon can be so sore!! So beautiful is your card your so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning Jo, I too luv the look of watercolor, it can have imperfections and still be amazing..luv that! Hope everyone in the house is on the mend...(((hugs)))

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful watercolour wash - love it! I must get that Winnie and Walter set too. Hope your little one feels better soon....chicken pox is horrid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow greattake on thechallenge love that stampset. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Gorgeous with the hot air balloon Jo! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...