Tuesday 3 March 2015

Clearly Besotted Stamps - March Teaser Day 3

It's a beautiful morning here, the sun is shining and there is a nip in the air and my little narcissi have opened their little yellow heads - Spring is finally on its way (although I'm still hoping for 6' of snow as we haven't had any this year !!).

Anyway, with Spring on our minds I decided that the next card I would show reflect those feelings !

Now, there has been a lot of talk recently (and photos) of gold foiling and I've loved seeing all that.  I remembered that hidden away in my stash I had some packets of foils I bought many years ago and went on the hunt for them.  Well, I did find them but unfortunately my efforts were very unsuccessful and I couldn't get the foil to stick no matter what I used.  So, I decided to use the next best technique and heat embossed with gold embossing powder instead !

I actually made two cards with the gorgeous stamp set "Just Darling" which features daffodils, iris' and beautiful sentiments for the ladies in our lives.




I tried my hand at some messy water colouring for my first card using the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours set.

The second card I water coloured with distress markers.

This gorgeous stamp set (along with the rest of the March release) will be available to buy from the Clearly Besotted Stamps store on Thursday 5th March from 10pm !


I hope you are enjoying these Teasers and don't forget there are lots more to see over at Stephanie's blog from the other Clearly Besotted Stamps Designers and Guests.

I'll be back tomorrow with more !



 


Wonderful Mother





Happy Easter







Happy Easter




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jo. We had a very slight flurry of snow but that's all. A few years back we had deep snow in April though so it may still arrive! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love daffodils, so this one is going right onto my wishlist! Love your cards, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards Jo - the daffs are so pretty and I really love your sewed border on the second card.
    Hugs, Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodil embossed in gold looks great with watercolours and I love your subtle colouring on your second card too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first card! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...